Welcome to the North Dakota Mandated Reporter training course for law enforcement personnel.
Law enforcement persons who are required to report include police or law enforcement officers, juvenile court personnel, probation officers, division of juvenile services employees, and child care licensors.
As a member of law enforcement, you may witness circumstances that cause you to suspect child abuse or neglect, and it is your duty to report this suspicion to the proper investigators.
Registered attendees may exit the course and resume at a later time.
About The Course:
- Registration is required to begin this training.
- This course should take approximately an hour to complete.
- Should you need to pause your training, you will be able to log back in and resume later.
- Users must accurately complete the exam at the end of the training (correcting any
inaccurate answers) before the system will generate a certification of completion.
- After completing this course and examination, your certificate of completion will be sent to the email you used to register for this course.
- The certificate provided may be used for employer documentation, or continuing education credit.
Throughout this training you will learn about the North Dakota child abuse and neglect law, specifically:
- Who is a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse and neglect
- What needs to be reported
- How to recognize the signs of child abuse and neglect
- Definitions and examples of child maltreatment, child safety and dangers (present and impending)
- How, where, and when to report
- What happens after a report is filed
- Actions for assisting children and families when the identified concerns fall outside the child abuse and neglect law: Resources and Supports
This Mandated Reporters Interactive Training site is provided by the
North Dakota Department of Health and Human Services
Children and Family Services
600 E. Blvd. Ave. Dept. 325, Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-2310 Toll Free: (800) 472-2622 Fax: (701) 328-3538
Copyright © 2012-2022 NDDHHS. All rights reserved.
Website by Arvig® Media
Make a Report
Resources and Support
Child Care Professionals